The EvaPack™ Series efficiently converts ordinary, liquid, tap water to water vapor using an adiabatic process or evaporation. Dry air passes through a corrugated bank of wetted cells media made from nonorganic wet fibers. EvaPack™ series uses the sensible air heat to evaporate the water to consume less energy and minimize pressure drop. The air is cooled and humidified.
EvaPack™ is easy and fast to install given its compact design with a maximum depth of 23.6 inches (600mm). The design features easily accessible humidifier cassettes and can also be quickly disassembled for a simplified maintenance. The standard design can accommodate any thickness of cassette without modification making future changes easy.
EvaPack™ has been designed to get the highest air/water contact surface. Up to 12% more than traditional evaporative systems. This gives EvaPack™ maximum efficiency and minimum pressure drop.
EvaPack™ applications in HVAC for data centers:
Direct evaporative cooling
Evaporation of water into the air causes a phase change, this cools the air as well as adds moisture. Traditionally done with nozzles and mist eliminator, but now evaporative media solutions like the EvaPack™ are more suitable.
Indirect Adiabatic cooling
In this case, the exhaust warm air is cooled down using the adiabatic process. That air enters a heat recovery exchanger to cool down the fresh air. This solution is convenient when the outside air needs to be cooled without increasing its humidity.
EvaPack™ Adiabatic Humidification Benefits:
- Adiabatic cooling will allow downsizing of traditional cooling equipment and reduce its sizing and cost.
- It is perfect for peak demand in support of AC compressors
- EvaPack™ has a high efficiency even when compared to similar products on the market
- Adiabatic cooling is a good way to help achieve a PUE<1.3. A PUE max of 1.3 is recommended for new data centers in Europe.
- Best in Class Evaporation Efficiency with largest contact surface
- Best in Class Energy Efficiency with lowest pressure drop
- Best in Class Serviceability with cassettes and fittings with access from the side
- Fireproof, safe and hygienic evaporative pad
- Designed according to VDI 6022 Hygienic Standards
- Pad thicknesses can be easily modified