Salisbury Electrical Safety LLC
Scope of Work:
Salisbury is the world leader in the manufacturing of personal protective equipment and live line tools to protect electrical workers from the hazards of their job. They sought outside expertise from Armstrong International to handle the responsibility of operation and maintenance of their plant utility systems.
The utility system assets includes:
Two natural gas boilers
- Compressed air system comprising of two air compressors, dryer, filter, dryer traps, and distribution piping
- High pressure water system comprising of four triplex high-pressure pumps, two low pressure pumps, vacuum pump, control cabinets, air flask receiver, makeup/return tanks, and distribution piping
- Steam traps and distribution piping
- Building heating system
- Cooling tower
- Two pumps and sump maintenance
- Process chiller
- Four pumps and sump maintenance
- Condensate return stations and associated distribution piping
- Gas and steam unit heaters
- Air conditioners; two package 5 & 7/12 ton, 7 window units
Armstrong employs and manages four on-site licensed stationary engineers to oversee these responsibilities.
Armstrong is responsible for identifying future utility improvement opportunities and recommending cost saving solutions.
Installed two new fi re tube boilers
Replaced aged air compressor
Replaced aged water softener with state-of-the-art automated system
Optimized condensate return system
Installed new vacuum pump increasing vacuum system reliability and efficiency
Replaced high pressure water pumps increasing system reliability and efficiency
Installed Flo-Rite-Temp® steam water heater increasing system reliability and efficiency
Three-year term began January 2005. Contract extended from January 2008 through 2011.
Salisbury Electrical Safety LLC now has on-site utility expertise that is motivated to continually reduce operating costs. They also have access to Armstrong’s extensive engineering resources and support with environmental reporting.